Licensing, Fees and Services
Procedures for requesting the registration of concession registration certificate and Investment license.
The application for registering the concession registration certificate(electricity, mine, agriculture and other activities in relations to concessions, rights concessions and tactical activities) has the following procedures in issuing concession registration certificates:
- Complementary documents requesting the certification of company’s regulations.
- Proposal to request the certification of company’s regulations;
- Draft of investment license / draft of concession registration certificate;
- Application for company establishment: 1 set;
- documents requesting the certification of the regulations: 5 sets.
Documents required for requesting the enterprise code.
- Requesting the enterprise code consists of the following complementary documents:
- Proposal for enterprise name reservation of the company;
- Application for enterprise registration declaration of the company;
- Contract of establishing the enterprise of the company;
- Company’s enterprise regulations;
- Copy of the application for investment;
Procedures in considering the issuance of concession and investment license
Every concession activity approved by Government will receive concession/investment license from CIP at central or local levels. The License is for the establishment of legal entity in line with Lao laws.
After receiving the approval on principle from the Government, the investors must work jointly with Investment One-Stop Service to prepare documents for requesting concession license as follows:
1. Prepare the complete set of form and fill out the form for obtaining the enterprise code and tax identity number, then submit via OSS;
2. Draft concession/investment license jointly with investors to verify the correctness;
3. Create Article of Association "AOA" (as per the form formulated by Planning and Investment sector) for IPD’s approval (a request letter for approval and 5 sets of AOA);
4. One-Stop Service prepare referral letter to request the enterprise code and 12-digit tax identity number (issued by Tax Department) and hand-over to OSS of the MPI Section with the following procedures:
4.1) Investors must submit complete set of application form and referral letter to apply for the enterprise code from the Enterprise Registration and Management Department, MoIC;
4.2) Investors must register the company properties with State Property Management Department, Ministry of Finance "MoF" (in coordination with OSS technical officers). In case the investors have received the license at local levels, i.e.: provinces/municipal, the investors must submit for the company property registration with provincial/municipal State Property Management Section;
4.3) Submit the form to provincial/municipal Finance and receive 9-digit tax identity number (facilitated by local levels) and pay levies (fee rate is determined in next page);
4.4) After that the investors submit all documents to Tax Department of Ministry of Finance to request 12-digit tax identity number.
5. IPD (project research and analysis section) issue concession/investment license (assign the enterprise code and tax identity number in the same document) and OSS hand over the concession/investment license to the investors;
Remarks: After the investors have received approval from the Government via Committee for Investment Promotion (CIP) at central or local levels,the investors must request the "operating business license" to operate the business activities under the concerned sectors before they can operate the business.